pirmdiena, 2011. gada 20. jūnijs

A Very Controversial Bet.

Why I just placed a $10,000 bet on your behalf

Dear Reader,

Hi, my name is Mark.

Even though you and I have never met, I want you to know that I just placed a $10,000 bet on your behalf.

Here's a copy of the check I wrote...


It's now being held in escrow, and will be paid out one year from now.

When and if this bet "hits," you could become quite wealthy.

So what is the bet about, you are probably wondering? And why am I dragging you into this?

Well... here's the deal.

The guy with whom I made this bet is a friend of mine named Robert. We have known each other for more than 15 years, but come from very different backgrounds.

I grew up in a lower-middle-class neighborhood on Long Island, NY. We were the poorest family on a poor block... eight kids, but not much money. My dad was a teacher, who never made more than $12,000 a year.

My friend Robert, on the other hand, grew up in Florida. His family had a beachfront vacation home and his dad worked as an executive at one of the 20 wealthiest firms in America. His grandparents were among the founding members of the Orlando Country Club.

To give you an idea of the differences in our upbringing, I spent summers hand-washing cars and painting houses. My friend Robert gave sailing lessons at Disney World.

I was the captain of the football team in high school. Robert, on the other hand, was part of state-champion water polo, diving, and swim teams.

We didn't even have a swimming pool, much less a polo team.

And this brings me to our $10,000 bet...

You see, my friend Robert and I have both made quite a bit of money during our careers, although we took different paths. Today, we both have enough in the bank to last us several lifetimes.

But there's also a big difference between Robert and me regarding money...

We have dramatically different financial beliefs.

For example, I like nice things, but I hate waste. I take most of my savings and invest in small businesses and real estate projects around the globe. And I've given hundreds of thousands of dollars to a foundation I started in Central America.

But not my rich friend Robert.

He tends to splurge on boats (he recently dropped nearly $225,000 on a fishing boat), private jet travel (which costs $10,000 per roundtrip flight), and more than $100,000 (per year) on his wine collection.
There's also another important ideological difference between my rich friend Robert and me, regarding money... and that's where the nature of this bet and you come into play.
You see, my rich friend Robert has had a lot of advantages in his life.

And because of that, he believes there are basically two distinct classes in America... one group who is meant to be rich... and the other group who is not.

But as you'll see, I have very different beliefs about who gets rich in America, and why.

I grew up in a hardworking family. We were very poor, so I know that acquiring wealth is a lot more complicated than that.

That is why, a few weeks ago, my friend Robert and I made a $10,000 bet.

And it involves you if you'd like to participate.

Here's what I mean...

Is This a Skill You Can Learn?

In short, I believe that in one year, I can teach you to be rich.

Now, before I go any further... let me make something clear.

I am NOT saying I can make you an overnight millionaire, if you are starting out with nothing.

And I am NOT saying I will give you some hot stock tip or show you how to start an internet business from your kitchen table, or anything like that.

Instead, what I'm saying is this...

I will show you exactly how I amassed my fortune (worth $50 million), starting with basically nothing, using secrets the rich have taken advantage of for generations. And I will show you how you could do the same, using these exact same secrets.

I have to warn you however...

What I'm going to share with you today will probably sound a bit unusual. These ideas will be new to you—often the complete opposite of the conventional wisdom you've heard before. And once you learn these things, you will, in essence, become part of the "rich conspiracy," as I'll soon explain.

It may be a bit of an emotional problem for you, as it is for many people who make this transition. But you should not feel guilty about becoming rich, because every man has the right to wealth. And has the right to be better off than his neighbor, if he so chooses.

I know this is not politically correct to say... but it is 100% true.

Please keep in mind: This is not about stroking your ego, or getting a bunch of toys to impress people. It's about being comfortable. It's about being able to do what you want, when you want.

And to give your family the benefit of that wealth.

First, in this letter, I would like to show you how most of the things middle class Americans believe are helping them build wealth... are actually conspiring against you.

I'm talking about mainstream ideas like the stock market... mutual funds... 401(k)s... insurance... annuities... mortgages... college educations... the pension system... and even government programs.

The reality is, all of these things are designed by institutional America with one purpose: To extract as much money as possible from the little guy.

I know you probably think I'm exaggerating, so let me show you one really quick example of what I mean.

Look how easy it is for corporate America to "scam" a million dollars from ordinary citizens. A guy named David Loeper wrote about this. He used to serve on the Investment Advisory Committee of the $30 billion Virginia Retirement System.

Let's say you are a hard worker, and a really diligent saver...

When you start your career, you put aside $7,000 into a 401(k) retirement account. You pay a 1.5% fee for someone to manage this money... and you get a 7.5% return each year.

After 10 years, as your salary and contributions are adjusted for inflation, you'd have nearly $120,000. Not bad, right?

After 20 years you'd have over $400,000. And after 40 years, you'd have a nice nest egg...about $2.4 million.

Pretty good, don't you think?

But get this...

Guess how much a money manager would have made for his firm by charging you a 1.5% fee on your money... and reinvesting this money at the same rate of return you got over your 40 years?

Are you ready for this?

$1,033,880!

That's right. You got $2.4 million... and they got one million, thirty-three thousand, eight hundred and eighty dollars.

That's incredible, isn't it?

Now think about how many people in America blindly pay a 1.5% fee to have some corporate "expert" manage their retirement money.

It's ridiculous. But it explains why at an investment company like Goldman Sachs, the average yearly compensation is $544,000 per year.

Like I said... nearly all of the things most middle class Americans think are helping them build wealth, are actually conspiring against them.

These things are designed and run by big institutions, and many are 100% supported by the government. I'll show you more examples. I think they will be real eye-openers.

But here's the important thing to remember right now...

If you are willing to look at the world from a slightly different perspective... and to cast aside your existing beliefs and biases, there's actually a whole new world of investing, business, and finance, which quickly becomes available to you.
What I want to show you in this presentation is how the truly rich in America play by a completely different set of rules.
I guarantee that, after reading this letter, you will never think about money and acquiring wealth in America the same way again.

And so... I'm sure you are wondering...

Who am I?

And why am I so confident that I can teach you these things, which could benefit you in a very dramatic way in just one year?

Well, let me explain...

Former Peace Corps Volunteer
Finds Secret to Getting Rich

As I mentioned, my name is Mark.

I'm 60 years old and I grew up on Long Island. Today I live in Florida.

When I was young, my dad was a teacher, and I thought I wanted to be a famous journalist... to see my name in print... and to win a Pulitzer Prize.

I joined the Peace Corps after college, and then went to Washington, DC, where I worked at a publishing firm, and taught night classes at Catholic University.

But then, I had a life-changing experience.

During a vacation to Florida, I had a colleague from The Washington Post help me set up interviews with two nationally regarded newspapers. I set up a third interview with a wealthy man I'd been corresponding with by mail.

Incredibly, I got a job offer from both newspapers.

And then I met the very wealthy guy I'd been corresponding with in the mail. We sat in a small, un-marked office building, and he told me he was looking for an assistant to help with dozens of projects. He also promised to introduce me to a whole new world of business opportunities.

Of course, it was unclear exactly what my role would be and exactly what businesses we would be involved with.

So there I was... in Florida, with three job offers on the table. Two followed the traditional path, working for respected newspapers.

And the third... well it was the wildcard.

I didn't know much about what I'd be doing in this job, except that it would introduce me to a bunch of rich people and all kinds of new opportunities. I thought hard about it for two days...

And I realized that if I took the traditional route with a newspaper, I'd probably end up being bored silly... while earning a meager living for the rest of my life.

So...

I took the 'low road'... journalistic obscurity, but with the implied promise of fun, intellectual challenge, and riches for my efforts. And that decision was the trigger for all of the good things I have since accomplished.

You see, over the next 20 years, I worked as a partner with the rich man who hired me, and along the way met dozens of other extremely wealthy men and women.

And I tried my hand at dozens of businesses and investment strategies... most of which were far removed from the mainstream. For example...

I owned several restaurants, bars, and art galleries. I sold watches, jewelry, televisions, grandfather clocks, tomatoes, sunglasses, magazines, perfumes, and cosmetics.

I got involved in a roofing business, carpentry, pool cleaning, and wood floor installation.

I started several publishing companies, a nutritional supplement business... health clubs, travel agencies, an advertising agency, and an adult education course.

I started businesses involving rare coins, international real estate, and record-of-the-month clubs... just to name a few.
Some of these ideas worked spectacularly well, and are still providing me with great income today. Others, like the record-of-the-month club, flopped horribly (we lost around $750,000).

Today, from the businesses I have started and worked in, and from the investments I have made, I have accumulated a sizeable fortune.

I own more than $20 million dollars worth of real estate in South Florida alone. I have property on three continents, and I have an interest in more than a dozen very profitable (and private) businesses.

In my free time, I write books (I have several best sellers), make movies, and train in the martial arts of Jiu Jitsu—I'm now a brown belt and compete in tournaments against kids half my age.

The point is, over the years, I've seen just about every type of business and investment problem imaginable...

I've been screwed by my partners, and I've had to fire some of my best friends. I've been sued by the U.S. government, and I've had to endure terrible things being written about me in newspapers like the Miami Herald and the St. Petersburg Times.

I'm still married to my wife of more than 30 years—how she has put up with me for that long, I'll never know. We live in a beautiful house near the beach... and our three grown boys are now trying to make their own way in the world.

I'm telling you all this simply to let you know that I've been around the block more than a few times, and that I know a thing or two about making money.

In short, I've got all the money I need. I won't be able to spend it all if I live to be 120.

So I am now, at the age of 60, entering a new phase of my life. One of the things I am doing, for example, is to ease out of some of my many business obligations.

Another thing I want to do is share more of what I've learned over the years. Teaching is in my blood.

And it sickens me that hardworking Americans who are looking to get wealthy are taking advice from idiots like Donald Trump and Suze Orman, who really only know about one thing: how to be a celebrity.

So after making a $10,000 bet with my rich friend Robert, I've decided to teach a small group of people everything I know about how to get rich, as quickly and safely as possible.

To start with, I want to show you four important secrets of the Rich, which middle-class people simply don't know... or for some reason can't seem to comprehend.

I can just about guarantee you have not heard these ideas before, because almost all of the information you hear about getting rich in America today is complete garbage.

Well... this is my small attempt to change all that.

After you learn the four secrets I'm going to share here, I think you will have a dramatically different outlook on business, investing, and the prospects of making money.

And I think it will be possible for you to increase your wealth fairly dramatically and quickly over the next few years, no matter what happens in the economy.

So if this seems like something that might interest you, let's get right down to it...

SECRET #1: Avoid the Middle Class Psychological Trap

One of the dumbest things almost every financial advisor asks middle-class clients today is: "What is your risk tolerance"?

If a financial planner or broker ever asks you this question... I recommend you walk out the door and fire him immediately.

You see, this is one of the biggest scams perpetrated on the American public today.

Somehow, the financial industry has tricked millions of Americans into believing that taking greater risks with your investments translates into potentially greater reward.

But I can tell you from nearly four decades of working in dozens of businesses and making hundreds of investments: This is a complete fallacy. It is absolute nonsense. Risk does not equal rewards. Risk equals loss.

But the financial community gets away with this "B.S." because risk perceptions are easy to manipulate.

For example, consider this...

In America today, according to the National Safety Council statistics, you have about a 1 in 88 chance of dying in a car accident during your lifetime. Your odds of dying in a plane crash, on the other hand, are around 1 in 7,032.

So why is it that so many more people are more afraid of airplanes than cars?

Or consider the fact that food poisoning kills 5,000 people every year... while the 9/11 terrorists killed fewer than 3,000 in one freak incident.

So why do we spend tens of billions of dollars per year (not even counting the war in Afghanistan and now Libya) on terrorism defense while the entire budget for the Food and Drug Administration was only $3.28 billion last year?
The answer is simple: It's easy to manipulate risk-reward perceptions, and this is exactly what has happened in America today...
The financial industry has convinced the public that you cannot get more reward, without taking on extra risk.

And obviously, this makes a lot of sense when you think about it from their perspective.

It means that YOU should never expect better than average returns if you have not agreed to take on more risk. And if you HAVE agreed to take on more risk... well... then you should not be disappointed if you lose money!

In other words, their asses are covered both ways.

They don't have to help you make better than average gains... and if they lose money, it's not their fault... it's yours... because you agreed to it by agreeing to take on more risk!

This is a classic delusion of the middle class, which simply destroys most people's chance of getting rich.

As Andrew Redleaf, a very wealthy investor who wrote a great book called Panic, about the recent financial crisis, says:
"The notion that risk equates with reward is worse than a myth—it's a mass delusion, a mass delusion that in our time has cost investors trillions of dollars that we can measure and the U.S. and global economy probably trillions more that we will never be able to sum.

"It has lulled an entire generation of financial advisors into complacency about the risks to which they expose their clients... In the real economy, risk is manifestly not the source of wealth but the great destroyer."
The point of all this is that wealthy Americans know that more risk does NOT equal more return. Big risk often equals loss. The middle class believes the bigger the gamble, the better the payoff.

My risk tolerance is the same today as it was when I was just starting out. And that is: ZERO.

Not losing money has got to be your first and second rule of investing.

In my thirties, I lost a lot of money, and even though I thought I was being very conservative... I realized how easily your money can disappear. It made me very careful about what I did with my money in the future... to make sure that I didn't lose it.

So again, my first rule is to NEVER, NEVER LOSE MONEY.

But does this mean you have to give up the opportunity for big gains?

Not at all...

Instead, you simply need to find the few ultra-low risk investments available today, which are most likely to offer a tremendous payout.

Maybe you think that's impossible... but let me show you an example of exactly what I mean...

In America today, there is a simple asset that is easy to own, easy to understand, and is available in every state.

Rich people have been investing in this asset for many, many years, but it is almost completely ignored by the middle class.

Yet... get this... according to the most comprehensive study I've seen, between the early 1970s and the end of 2009, this asset was the most profitable investment in America.

Just look at the chart below, and you'll see what I mean...


Those are some pretty incredible numbers, wouldn't you agree?

During this period, this simple, but completely misunderstood asset has returned a whopping 13,142%.

That's 11-times more than stocks, 4-times more than gold, 14-times more than silver, and 15-times more than houses.

While the average America flipped houses... bought risky stocks... and believed the terrible lies of bankers, real estate agents, and mortgage brokers... many rich Americans ignored these shenanigans altogether, and instead put their money into a simple and very low risk asset, which hasn't had a down year since 1987 (when it dropped just 1.2%).

I'm sure you'll recognize a few of the wealthy families who have gone on record recently, acknowledging their investment in this unique vehicle...

Ted Turner... the Waltons (the founders of Walmart)... Bill Gates, John Malone (the cable TV exec who's the 110th richest man in America), the Fords, the Hunts, the Hearsts, the Bass family,and Jeff Bezos (the founder of Amazon.com), just to name a few.

I took advantage of a variation of this asset myself a little more than a decade ago. I put in $50,000... which is now worth an estimated $700,000... that's a gain of 1,300%.

And this was probably the least risky investment I've ever made.

My friend Robert says the average American would never consider this investment, and wouldn't understand it, either. You see, Robert thinks that unless you were born rich the way he was, that it's just not in the cards for you.

That you're not wired the same way... and never will be.

Well... Robert is a smart guy, but I think he's way off base on this.

I'd like to show you exactly what all of these rich people have been buying, how this unique type of real estate investment works, why it's been so incredibly lucrative... and why it will likely get even more profitable in the years to come.

Of course, I can't make the investment for you.

You'll have to evaluate it on your own and make a decision for yourself—but I can show you exactly what the best deals are today. And I think you will want to take at least a small stake in this opportunity, when you see the numbers, and how safe it can be. What's nice is that you can begin with just a few thousand dollars... all the way up to $100,000 or more if you are interested.

Remember, that's why I made the $10,000 bet on your behalf. I absolutely, positively believe this could work just as well for you as it has for other rich families for decades.

And that brings me to...

SECRET #2: The Rich Use Different Assets than the Middle Class

I have a question for you...

Why do you think most investors, especially the middle class, "diversify" their money?

The conventional wisdom says that somehow your money will be safer if it is spread among a slew of investments... even if you know little about these investments.

Well...to put it as politely as possible: That is absolutely one of the dumbest ideas I have ever heard.

The truth is that diversifying does not protect you at all... it is what people do when they don't know what they are doing.
As Warren Buffett, the 2nd richest man in America and the greatest investor of the past 50 years, says: "Diversification is a protection against ignorance. It makes very little sense for those who know what they are doing... Wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing."
Just look at what's happened in the financial markets over the past few decades and you can see how this terrible idea has destroyed millions of Americans.

In 1987, 2000, and 2007 [right before HUGE market crashes], average investors probably believed that if they had a diversified portfolio, their portfolio was safe. I'm sure as it played out, in many cases, that safety was just an illusion.

Believe me, in the next currency, stock market, or financial crisis, it's not going to matter if you have a wide variety of stock and bond holdings, both here and abroad. Like most of the middle class, you too will most likely be wiped out.

Now, I'm not saying you should put everything you have into one single investment.

The right kind of diversity is important to anyone who wants to be rich.

You can never have perfect knowledge. If you did, you'd buy only one investment at a time. But since that's impossible, I instead put my money into a handful of things I know very, very well.

The better I know these things, the fewer investments I have to make.

This is completely different from the approach most Americans take... investing a small sum into dozens of stocks and investments... none of which they know anything about.

As for me, I have five "buckets" into which I put my money. I don't think you need any more than that.

I know all of these buckets extremely well. And none of them have anything to do with another.

This approach has served me very well.

For example, this is why, when everyone was losing a fortune in the stock market and real estate market meltdown of 2008, I didn't lose a penny... and I actually got wealthier that year.

So what do my five buckets contain right now?

Well, in one I've got cash, because I believe we could see a big stock market collapse in the months to come, and I want to have cash ready to buy. In another I've got gold, because I believe it is a great store of wealth, which will continue to rise as our out-of-control government prints more and more money.

My third bucket contains my investments in private businesses. And my fourth bucket contains real estate, where I think you can find some incredible deals right now.

But what I'm most interested in telling you about today is bucket #5, which is art.

I know what you are probably thinking... it's unlikely you've ever invested in art before, and it probably scares the daylights out of you.

Of course, that's exactly how my rich friend Robert expects you to react. He says you probably won't be interested in this investment, because it's unfamiliar. In the world of behavioral finance, they call this phenomenon, aversion to ambiguity.

In other words, most ordinary people prefer investment strategies they are familiar with... even if these familiar strategies are clearly inferior to something new.

Well... I hope that together you and I can prove Robert wrong.

You see, most Americans don't know that art has outperformed the stock market by 332% over the past decade, according to Jianping Mei and Michael Moses, two New York University professors who have created the most closely followed art price indexes.

I have personally bought nearly a million dollars worth of art over the past 30 years... and all told today it's worth about twice what I paid for it.

And recently, I have come across an incredible opportunity in the art world... something I call "Intrinsic Art."

Now... I'll be the first to admit that making money with art is very different from every other type of investment. It's highly unlikely that you are going to stroll into a gallery and pick a painting off the wall that will hit it big.

But that's why I'm particularly excited about my recent discovery... a unique type of antique collectible "art," which has a legitimate shot at going up by more than 1,000% over the next five years.

Don't worry, this has nothing to do with paintings, ceramics, figurines, or anything like that.

It actually involves series of antique pieces that were designed roughly 150 years ago by a famous Pennsylvania-born American artist. And here's what makes this unique investment so low risk...

These pieces are made of nearly pure gold, and can be found in every state around the nation.

The great opportunity in this investment is simple to understand:
Despite the fact that gold has gone up in value by more than 400% over the past decade... many of these pieces now sell at lower premiums than they have in more than 50 years!
I call these pieces "Intrinsic Art" because they are made of gold, and have an intrinsic value that is easy to measure.

Of course, like I said... this idea is pretty far removed from the mainstream. You are not likely to find this opportunity written about anywhere else, as far as I know... and most middle-class Americans will dismiss it completely until the idea becomes popular.

And that's exactly why the moneymaking potential is so good!

In fact, from reputable dealers, these pieces even come with a certificate of authenticity... which means you can purchase them online or over the phone, without having to worry about seeing the items first in person.

Again, like I said... this is an unusual opportunity. And it's definitely not for everyone.

But I believe this is one of safest, low-risk ways to make a lot of money over the next few years.

Basically, this investment gives you an extremely cheap way to buy gold... and it gives you an opportunity to make money two ways...

First, if gold prices continue to rise (which is a given over the next decade, considering the government's ridiculous spending habits)... and second, as this type of collectible antique art gains in popularity.

The way I look at it, there are very few investments in the world in which you have a legitimate shot at making 1,000% on your initial investment... but this is one of them, with very little risk.

Some of the richest people I know of have already gotten in on this idea in a big way, including an owner of one of the most successful teams in Major League Baseball, and the owner of one of the NBA's top basketball teams.

What's nice about this investment is that it has absolutely nothing to do with stocks, bonds, mutual funds, real estate, or any of the other problems we're having in the economy. And I can show you how to get in on this opportunity, safely and simply...

Which brings me to an important point...

Just how do I plan to "teach" you to be rich within one year, and win this bet?

Well, here's what I'm doing...

Florida Man Sheds His Secret Identity

For basically the past 40 years, I have lived a quiet life as part of the wealthy elite in America.

But now, for the first time in more than four decades, I am going to share many of the ideas and opportunities that I have never discussed openly before.

I'm doing this because at age 60, there have been two recent developments in my life:
1. First, I have decided to slowly extract myself from some of my business operations. I still have a hand in more than a dozen businesses around the globe, and I still work every day, from approximately 7:30am to 7pm. But I want to refocus my energies a bit.

And that brings me to the second reason I am doing this...

2. I have realized that by focusing a little LESS time on my active businesses... and a little MORE time on finding the best investment opportunities out there, I could continue to dramatically build my wealth and charitable operations, by actually doing LESS work.
In short, I am entering a new phase of my life... one in which I will work only on a few select projects with long-standing partners.

Plus, I'm at the point in my life where I'd like to share with others the secrets that were shared so generously with me... secrets of the financial world that have given me and my family a very comfortable life.

And so that's exactly what I am doing right now...

To help me in this project, I recently teamed-up with two number-crunching experts: A British accountant named Tom, who used to work for Salomon Brothers in London... and an Indian computer engineer and software designer named Nirav, who was educated at UCLA, and spent several years analyzing investment opportunities at OneWest Bank and several venture capital firms.

In short, I have introduced these guys to a whole new way of making money and investment opportunities.

So I tell these guys where to look... and Tom and Nirav run the numbers every single day, and research the best opportunities, from among my favorite investment ideas.

As part of this work, I have decided to publish this information in a first-of-it's-kind communication.

I call it The Palm Beach Letter, because many of my business partners and I have lived near Palm Beach for nearly 30 years.And I hired Tom and Nirav to work out a small office, about a mile from my home.

And that's why our new project, The Palm Beach Letter, is intended to help a group of readers learn the real secrets of making money in America today.

Basically, what I'm doing is sharing:
1) What strategies I'm personally using, and where my investment research team and I see the best opportunities, and...

2) How you can take advantage of these same strategies, at least on a percentage basis
For example, I told you about two great opportunities already:

The first involves a very unusual type of real estate, which is one of the best-performing assets in America over the past 40 years.

This has nothing to do with housing, office buildings, commercial or rental property or anything like that... yet it is a very safe and simple investment that is available in every state.

It's returned many times more than stocks, bonds, gold, and everything else I know if in recent years. And I expect it to do very well in the years to come too.

If you are interested, I'll give you instant access to the Research Report we have put together about this opportunity. It's called: The 500% Real Estate Secret.

The second opportunity I told you about involves something I call "Intrinsic Art." It offers you a way to buy a valuable piece of antique gold "art" that was designed and produced nearly 100 years ago... and has the potential to go up 1,000% from today's prices. This idea is very low risk, and is explained in full in our Research Report called: Intrinsic Art--A Legitimate Way to Make 1,000%.

The point is, The Palm Beach Letter will allow me to teach you how to be rich. I believe it will only take one year, but you are welcome to subscribe for as long as you'd like.

And should you prove me right, one year from now, there's something I'm going to ask you to do for me, as well. I'll get to that in a minute, but first let me get to something else that's critical to understand, if you want to get rich in America right now.

And that is...

SECRET #3: The Rich Hate Capital Gains

One of the most important financial secrets I learned years ago from my first mentor is that...
You can't control the prices of your investments... but you can control what you are set to be paid.
In other words, whenever you make an investment, whether it's in the stock market, a private business, or real estate, you simply cannot control what is going to happen to the price of your investment.

But here's the thing...

You can, to a large extent, control how much and when you are set to be paid. So that is what you should focus on.

Rich people always want to know two things when they make an investment:
1. How much will I be repaid for my investment?
2. And when will I get my money?
Middle class investors, on the other hand, try to make wild guesses about how much their investment will "go up in value."

For example, when I invested $10,000 in a public relations business a few years ago, I did so as part of a deal that detailed how much I was set to get paid and when. I made $120,000 a year for many, many years as a result.

This is how rich people invest... but it's very different from the approach taken by the majority of the middle class.

A good way to fully understand this concept is to think about real estate...

If you have an investment in an apartment building, for example, you collect rents. That's why you own the building. You want the income, and that makes you an investor.

But if you buy the building because you think it is going up in price you are not an investor... you are a speculator. You are speculating that you'll get an increase in your capital (known as "capital gains").

This is how most of the American middle class operates in the stock market and the real estate market... typically with disastrous outcomes.

I believe it's largely the result of a psychological phenomenon known as hyperbolic discounting.

That sounds complicated, but it's actually quite simple.

In short, the theory of hyperbolic discounting states that we show a strong preference for something that is supposed to arrive soon, and all at once, rather than an even larger payment that will arrive spread out over the future.

In other words, given the choice, I bet most Americans would choose to receive $1,000 today rather than $3,000 in one year... even though they'd be much better off holding out for the full $3,000.

What this means is that people are psychologically inclined to speculate in the stock market, instead of looking for the rare opportunity to compound your money, over and over again.

So why does this matter?

Well, the short answer is that investing for capital gains is much like gambling. And whenever there's a crisis like the one we saw in 2000... or the most recent one in 2008 and 2009, gamblers get wiped out.

The good news is that there's a much, much better way to invest.

Let me show you an example of what I mean...

While most middle class Americans have gotten massacred in their investments over the past decade by trying to find the next "hot" stock, some wealthy Americans I know have been quietly taking advantage of a little-known investment strategy – outside of the stock market.

In short, you can get a stake in some of the best companies in America, without having to deal with Wall Street. You never have to talk to a broker, and you don't even need a brokerage account. As a result, your investments will never be recorded on some broker's books or records.

But of course the real beauty of this investment, is that you know, with as much certainty as is possible in the investment world, how much you are set to get paid, and when.Even better – you can use this strategy on a handful of investments that have a 10-year history of increasing their payouts... every single year!

And the returns can be... well... phenomenal...

For example, although most Americans have never heard of it, there's a company in South Dakota called Raven Industries, which makes all kinds of critical equipment and supplies for farmers, technology companies, and the government. For example, they make parachutes and uniforms for the military, and high tech chemical injection systems for farmers.

This is a super-safe and growing business that has been around since 1956. They are careful about what they pay their top executives (the CEO makes about $230,000 a year), and best of all, they offer this unique investment opportunity that has enabled investors to collect more money every year, while avoiding Wall Street altogether.

Using the secret strategy I'm going to share with you, you could have avoided Wall Street and used this strategy to invest in Raven Industries...

If you did this 10 years ago, and reinvested those payouts, you would now be sitting on gains of more than 2,216%.

The annual payouts to you would have increased by 448% during that time... and there's a good chance your payouts would continue to go up, EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Of course, there are no guarantees in the investment world, but this firm has an incredible track record of increasing payouts to investors, year after year.

Keep in mind that during the same period, the overall stock market went DOWN 2%. In other words, this type of unique, off-Wall-Street investment could have made you a lot of money... while the stock market was going down over the last 10 years.

Now, my rich friend Robert believes most Americans aren't "wired" the right way when it comes to making money. He says most Americans don't have any idea how to find this type of off-Wall Street investment, and probably wouldn't be interested in them even if they could.

Well... I disagree...

Robert is right about one thing, however: These opportunities are few and far between. They are NOT easy to find, because of the more than 5,000 companies that are publicly traded in America today, only 129 of these firms allow you to invest in them without going through Wall Street, and also have a history of increasing their payouts every single year.

But I know I can show you exactly how to invest in this unique way, completely separate from Wall Street. It is one of the easiest and safest ways to potentially make a lot of money over the next few years.

And when I show you the incredible numbers, and the payouts you could accumulate, I believe you'll want to get in on these opportunities... and have the opportunity to safely make many times your money over the next few years.

That's why I placed a $10,000 bet on your behalf. I'm convinced I can teach you this secret, among others, and that these ideas can help make you considerably wealthier over the next year.

Of course, there's much more to getting rich than simply knowing where to invest your money... and I'll introduce you to all types of secrets I'm pretty sure you won't hear about anywhere else.

For example...
* The only legitimate tax "loophole" in America. You know, 99% of the tax minimizing information out there is complete garbage, which can actually get you in a lot of trouble. But there is one legitimate tax "loophole" in the investment world that you can take advantage of, which can potentially save you hundreds of thousands of dollars over the course of several years.

I have personally collected more than $250,000 in tax-free income over the years using this technique, and I'll show you exactly how I did it.

* How to (legally) get your assets beyond the government's reach. Did you know that there are 4 places where you can put your money... which is beyond the reach of the U.S. government? When and if you ever sell these things, years down the road, you are still required to pay taxes on your gains. But the great thing is, while you are holding these investments, so long as you play by the rules, neither you nor anyone else is required to report them to the government. The benefits of this, I hope, are obvious.

* The #1 secret the insurance industry doesn't want you to know. The insurance industry is one of the biggest rip-offs in the world. That's why one of the things I'd like to show you is a very clever strategy that could put thousands of dollars a year in your pocket, thanks to something you may already own. In short, if you have life insurance that you no longer want or can no longer afford, you can potentially get up to $100,000 or more, in a matter of 3-4 months, by completely turning the tables on the insurance industry.
These are the types of things I'll cover regularly in my monthly letters, delivered to your home.

The Palm Beach Letter, by the way, will be delivered to you on the first Thursday of every month. You'll receive a password protected copy by email on Thursday afternoon, at the close of the business day.

Then, you'll receive a hard copy in the regular mail, in a 6-inch by 9-inch white envelope. This research is intended only for my paid subscribers.

In all, here's what I'll send you over the course of the next 12 months:
1. The Palm Beach Letter—12 issues, delivered to you on the first Thursday of every month. Once a month, you'll receive my full report on what strategies I'm currently taking advantage of, and on what my team believes are the best opportunities to grow your money, without taking big risks. Remember, these reports will most likely cover opportunities you have never tried or perhaps even heard of before.

If you are not willing to try something new, this letter is probably not a good idea for you.

2. Research Report: The 500% Real Estate Secret. One of the first things you'll learn is the secret of "Underground" real estate, which is one of the best-performing assets in America over the past 40 years. This has nothing to do with housing, office buildings, or commercial property or anything like that... yet it is a very safe and simple investment that is available in every state.

And it's returned several times more than stocks, bonds, gold, and everything else I know of in recent years. This Research Report shows you exactly how to make this investment right now. But remember, you've got to be willing to try something new for this work.

3. Research Report: Intrinsic Art--Legitimate Way to Make 1,000%.Here's an opportunity in the gold markets, which is WAY off the radar of most middle-class Americans. Yes, your friends and family may say you are crazy... but how many of these people have a net worth of millions of dollars?

If you are willing to try something most Americans will never touch, this is one of the few investment opportunities in the world that gives you a legitimate shot at making 1,000% gains in your lifetime.

4. Research Report: The Stock Market Secret No Broker Wants You to Know. While your friends and neighbors are taking big risks by investing through stock brokers, I want to show you a much, much better way to collect an income from your investments.

Again, this requires a few more steps than simply clicking a mouse on your computer, but it could easily be well worth the small extra effort.

5. Plus, every week, you'll receive my Notes From Palm Beach, a subscriber's-only email with details on what ideas I am pursuing next... where I see the biggest opportunities... and what my team and I are investigating.
Again, I need to make one more thing clear...

I can all but guarantee that The Palm Beach Letter will be very different from anything you've ever received. You may have subscribed to an investment newsletter before, but I'm pretty sure you've never received anything like this.

And keep in mind: If you're only interested in ordinary stocks, bonds, and mutual funds... and plan to continue doing things the way you always have... The Palm Beach Letter will definitely not be right for you... so don't waste your time or mine.

If you are unsure about whether or not my letter makes sense for you, here's what I recommend:

First, let me know you'd like to give this information a look.

Then, take a look at everything I've described here over the next four (4) months, in your own home, and make up your mind for yourself.

In other words, let me know you'd like to give The Palm Beach Letter a look today... then, I'll make sure you receive everything I mentioned in this letter.

You can take the next four months to make up your mind. If you decide the ideas are too "out there" for you... or that you are better off sticking with the mainstream conventions, simply let us know, and I'll make sure you get back the money you paid.

Believe me, there's no shame in asking for a refund. These ideas are certainly not for everyone—in fact, they are probably not right for most people.

Some people just have a hard time going out of their 'comfort zone.'
But the interesting thing is... that's exactly why little-known strategies work so well!
If everyone was using these techniques and secrets... and everyone felt comfortable with them... well... they'd quickly become mainstream, and their effectiveness would most likely disappear.

That's what happens with most great ideas. They work well for many years... then they become popular, are adopted by the mainstream... and they stop working altogether.

Well, I'm essentially offering you the opportunity to get in early on a handful of ideas that will likely become very popular over the next five years.

The nice thing is that by accepting this invitation today, you are agreeing only to TRY The Palm Beach Letter, to see if you like it.

So how do you get started if you are interested... and how much will you have to pay?

Well, before I give you the full details, there's one more secret I need to tell you about.

This is another one of the great secrets of the rich, which most middle-class Americans will simply never understand...

Secret #4: The Rich Man's Secret for Compounding Wealth at an Astounding Rate

One thing that continues to amaze me about most middle-class Americans is that they are willing to put large chunks of money in checking accounts, savings accounts, and money market accounts...

...All of which basically earn NOTHING in interest.

You will never get rich doing that.

The good news is, I'd like to show you a much better alternative.

If you want to really build wealth... quickly and safely... there's a secret savings strategy I want to tell you about.

It makes use of a unique investment offered by many private businesses around the country and I believe it is much safer and definitely far more lucrative than any ordinary bank account.



You see, the most important difference between an ordinary bank and what I call "The World's Most Powerful Savings Secret" is that with this strategy, your savings will be much more likely to grow in a very dramatic way.

Just so you understand... this strategy operates, like all good financial opportunities in America, on the fringes of the mainstream economy.

These assets are not backed or insured by the government... but they can be extremely safe, as you can take an extra step, and have your savings protected by a private insurance company, which is in turn protected by your local state government.Don't worry... I'll explain all the details, and what you should keep in mind.

I realize this all sounds a bit unusual... and it is.

But remember, you've got to be willing to look beyond the conventional wisdom if you really want to build wealth. You will never build a fortune doing the same thing as everyone else. And get this...

Over the past decade, any money put away via this Savings Secret could have grown in value by more than 400%.

Yes, you read that correctly... by simply taking a very different approach to how you save you money, you could have made 400% with very little risk.

Of course, any ordinary bank account, CD, or money Market account would be lucky to be up by 10% to 15% during that same period.

To show you just how much more lucrative this unique type of savings strategy can be, consider this...

When things started to look bad in the U.S. economy a few years back, I put away about $1 million via this unique savings vehicle... the very same one I'm going to show you how to use today.

As a result, the net worth of this savings vehicle has grown to about $2.5 million... so I've made 150% on my savings, while most people were getting a minuscule 1% per year.

Not bad, huh?

Best of all, I didn't have to worry about the stock market. I didn't have to worry about interest rates, or bank closures, or anything like that.

If you decide you want to try The Palm Beach Letter, I'll share the full story with you, in the Premier Issue of my letter, which is titled: The World's Most Powerful Savings Secret.

I have literally dozens of rich friends who use this unique savings secret, instead of regular bank accounts. In fact, I don't know of a single wealthy friend of mine who DOESN'T have one of these accounts.

My rich friend Robert, for example, uses this secret to compound his savings. He has done this for years, and has added hundreds of thousands of dollars to the value of his wealth as a result.

Of course, he says most middle-class Americans will never take advantage of this opportunity, even if I tell them about it.

He says that's because of an economic anomaly known as the "Status Quo Bias."

That is, even when presented with a better alternative, most people have a tendency to remain at the status quo, because they are essentially fearful of change.

Well, I certainly can't (nor would I want to) force you to do anything. All I can do is present to you the facts and the research my team has put together. Then, you'll have to make up your mind for yourself.

As far as this unique savings vehicle goes, I would not be surprised one bit if it helped you compound your savings by 300% or more over the next five years. Some people I respect believe we could see gains of more than 500%... while the mainstream economy continues to fall apart.

Again, the full details are enclosed in the Premier Issue of the Palm Beach Letter.

A subscription, by the way, costs $99 for one full year.

Why so cheap?

Well, I am on a mission to prove that I can take a small group of Americans and teach them to be rich, within one year.

And I want to make it affordable.

But this is not a charity event. I've spent a lot of money on this project already, by hiring staff, renting office space, and getting the computer and database equipment we need to do this project the right way.

Like most things in life, the way this project will thrive is to make it a viable business.

The nominal fee we are charging allows us to pay for researchers and data that most Americans could simply never afford on their own.

And that brings me to one more thing I'm going to ask of you if you choose to participate in this project with me...

I told you earlier how I've made a $10,000 wager with my friend Robert.

I believe I can teach you to be rich... and get you well on your way, within one year. It's simply a matter of learning how to change your approach.

Why am I so confident that I can do this?

Well, just as my mentor took me under his wing 30 years ago, I have personally taught dozens of protégés my secrets over the years, with remarkable results...
  • One guy was a painter and cabinet maker when I started working with him. He was soon making millions per year with his own business.
  • Another guy was literally stacking cans in the dog food aisle of a grocery store when I hired him. He has made an average of $250,000 a year for the past 10 years, and now works out of his home in Vermont.
  • A woman I've mentored was making $13,000 a year when I first met her. Now she runs a business that does $5 million in sales, and lives in a beautiful house near the beach.
The list goes on and on, and I'll introduce you to many of these people in The Palm Beach Letter.

But the point I want to make is that learning how to get rich and grow your wealth is an acquired skill, nothing more. If you've never had anyone show you the right way to do it... I believe I can help you make dramatic changes, in a very short period of time.

If you do take a subscription, and choose to give my methods a try, here is what I ask in return...

In one year's time, after having learned many of my secrets, and having taken advantage of as many of them as you care for,all I ask is that you submit a short letter.

Of course, you are under no legal obligation to do this... but I hope we can have a "gentlemen's agreement."

If I can help you make a lot of money, I hope you'll help me in this simple way...

In short, I'd like you to write me a brief letter that describes your experience over the previous year... what you learned... and if you got in on any of the opportunities I mentioned, how much money you made, and how your life has changed. Of course, you can do this anonymously if you wish—you do not have to reveal your name, age, or address.

Robert and I have agreed that together we will share the results with an impartial friend, who is a former Certified Public Accountant.

This accountant will determine whether or not I have helped 500 Americans learn to be rich. If so, I will collect the $10,000 bet, and will likely give it to the charitable foundation I have started to help poor families in Central America.

If Robert wins... well... the money will probably go to a very nice case or two of wine for his cellar.

If this all sounds like something that might work well for you, there's just one more thing you should know...

Because this is a brand-new publication, you can actually become a Charter Subscriber, and save HALF-OFF the regular price. Instead of paying $99... you'll pay just $49.50 for a full year, including everything I mentioned here.

I hope you take advantage of this situation.

While I believe most of the mainstream economy is going to be a complete mess over the next few years... there are some absolutely incredible opportunities for people who know where to look.

Sincerely,



Mark Ford
The Palm Beach Letter
April 2011
 

0 komentāri:

Ierakstīt komentāru

Abonēt Ziņas komentāri [Atom]

<< Sākumlapa